PTA Meeting and Board Elections this Wednesday at 6:30pm via Zoom
Everyone is invited to our May PTA general meeting. We will be discussing our budget priorities and voting for our board members for the 2022-2023 school year.
Zoom details are below:
Zoom details are below:
Meeting ID: 870 2196 4678
We are still looking for a few enthusiastic individuals for the following positions:
- Vice-president: This individual is primarily in charge of membership but also serves in a Co-President capacity. The big push for membership is at the beginning of the year so the bulk of the work is in August and September. After that, this position steps in when the President is not available. and helps with day-to-day Presidential duties. The hope is that this individual will step up to President the following year but not required.
- VP of Fundraising : This individual serves as project manager for the various fundraisers. The VP checks in with the Chairs of each fundraiser to make sure everything is on target and on time and serves as a liaison between fundraising Chairs and the Board. The VP also watches for new fundraising opportunities. This individual is NOT in charge of the individual fundraisers.
- Financial Secretary: Pays bills and reimbursement requests. Give a receipt for monies received for the association and remit at once to the treasurer or deposit immediately in a bank approved by the executive board and file a copy of the deposit slip in tracking binder. Keep an accurate record of all receipts for filing with the treasurer’s financial records for the association. Perform such other duties as may be delegated to the financial secretary. Record online credits and debits into PTAEZ accounting software. Assist treasurer as necessary including count and record money from various fundraisers.
If you are interested in any of these roles — or you would like to nominate someone — please email us at and let us know!
Spring Fundraiser Raffle Winners!
Thank you to all the families who participated in our raffle! The funds we raised helped us meet our fundraising goal for our Spring Fundraiser and will go towards some great initiatives and programs for our students.
Check out this link to see if you are a big winner this year: https://bit.ly/McKRaffleWinners2022
If you won a teacher/staff experience, they will reach out to you directly! Please contact Emily Oh at for other prizes
A special thanks to all of our volunteers who helped with ticket sales this past week: Alicia Callejas, Chris Lum, Julie Petersen, Erin Schleuter, Carrie Harrison, and Emily Oh
We need 5 minutes of your time for our School of Excellence follow-up survey
Hello McKinley/PACS Families,
As you may know, the PTA is participating in the National PTA School of Excellence Program this year. School of Excellence is a designation offered by National PTA to recognize schools that seek to grow partnerships between PTAs and schools to enrich the educational experience and overall well-being of all students.
Would you please take five minutes to complete this anonymous survey before May 31? Thank you!
Encuesta de McKinley/PACS PTA “Escuela de excelencia” Encuesta de seguimiento
FREE COFFEE at Intercultural Café This Friday After Drop Off
Come for the coffee, stay for the community. Not able to make it to the last PTA meeting? Want to make some new connections across our McKinley community? Just love coffee?
Join the McKinley PTA Family Engagement Team at our monthly Intercultural Cafe! Friday, May 27th after drop-off in the morning, under the overhang outside the front office. Pick up the PTA meeting minutes (in English or Spanish) and get to know new people. See you there!
Questions? Alicia Callejas (hablo español), , 501-398-8116
Lori Engelhardt, , 415-706-9591
Elizabeth Harris (hablo español), , 310-251-2191
Earn donations for McKinley when you shop without additional cost to you!
1. Shop at Petaluma Market or Oliver’s Markets: these grocers will donate 2.5% of your purchase amount to the McKinley PTA if you have the Store’s Community Card. Learn how to get started
2. Shop on Amazon: Shop through smile.amazon.com and the charity of your choice will receive a portion of your purchase.
Follow these instructions to add McKinley as your chosen non-profit. You may also configure your Amazon mobile app to ensure all your purchases are credited to our school.
3. Scan your grocery receipts with the BoxTops app: Did you know you can now easily collect BoxTops on your phone? Simply scan your receipts with eligible items using the BoxTops app and you are done. No more clipping!
Follow the full instructions here to get started!
May 25 – PTA Meeting and 2022-2023 Board Elections
May 27 – Intercultural Café