Ready. Set. Go! The Dance-a-Thon is here and we are ready to move!
What is Dance-a-thon?
In the past, we ran a Jog-a-thon, but because of distance learning in effect, the PTA felt it might be better to change it up. This year, students will have an opportunity to showcase their 19-second dance move to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” The last week of October, your child can submit their dance videos to us via FlipGrid.
This is the biggest fundraiser of the fall!
What do you need to do?
We ask that every student, together with their parents, makes a list of family and friends they can reach out to and ask for their support. This year, we are asking for lump sum pledges and not for an amount per lap. You can start sending in pledges any time but, please, turn them in no later than the last day of the event.
Participating in the Dance-a-thon is easy!
- Create a pledge page and send it to your friends via email, text, and social media
- Collect cash and check donations and
- Upload your 19-second dance video to Thriller or another spooky song if you’d like to share your dance moves with the McKinley community.
Have fun! This is an opportunity to celebrate as a community and forget our worries during these challenging times.
How can you collect pledges?
Donations can be made in cash, by check, or online.
- Cash and checks: drop them directly to the school in the Dance-a-Thon envelope that we will provide for your child. Envelopes will be available to get from the front office. This is the BEST option for making a commission-free donation (please make checks payable to McKinley PTA). There will be a dropbox in the front office.
- Online: To create a personalized online donation page that you and your child can send to friends and family near and far, please visit pledgestar.com/mckinleymustangs Registration is super quick and easy, just upload a photo and email addresses for friends and family, and the system will send personalized requests, track your progress, provide tax receipts to donors and allow folks to post encouraging messages to your student!
To achieve 100% participation. If every child at McKinley raises $210 (asks 10 people for $21), we could fully fund the PTA for the entire year!
What are we doing with the money we raise?
Last year we raised over $52,000 that was used to help every single classroom at McKinley/PACS. We provided funds for experiential learning trips, supplies for the classroom, a garden coordinator, and much more.
How are we thanking our awesome students for their work?
All students will receive a McKinley Dance-a-thon t-shirt before the last week of the event! And, like every year, we have great incentives for the highest fundraisers:
- The top individual who raises the most will receive a Family Basket that includes a gift card to Lombardi’s ($60 value), a gift card to Stockhome ($60 value), two bottles of wine, and some sparkling apple cider.
- The students from the lower-grade class that raises the most collectively will receive a free ice cream certificate.
- The students from the PACS grade that collectively raises the most will win a free pizza certificate
We encourage all parents to participate in the Dance-a-Thon to cheer on and support our Mustangs! Thanks again for all the support!