We are looking for volunteers!
Spring Fundraiser – Various shifts on May 14th
Our Spring Fundraiser will take place on May 14th from 5:30pm-10:00pm in Herzog Hall at the Fairgrounds.
We need volunteers for shifts throughout the day to set up, sign in attendees, oversee dinner service, help with event checkout, and cleanup.
Recess and Lunch Volunteers – One shift a week for the month of May
Volunteer just one recess (10:05 – 10:45 am) or lunchtime (11:45 am – 1:00pm) per week (more or less if you’d like).
Volunteers will support recess and/or lunchtime eating/recess for 1st through 8th graders (parents of TK and K also welcome to volunteer). You will assist during two timeframes, 1st – 3rd grade, and/or 4th – 8th grade*.
Join the PTA Board – 2022-2023 School Year
Are you interested in making a lasting impact on your child’s school? Our award-winning McKinley PTA provides resources and support programs, including experiential learning, bilingual instruction, classroom supplies, school community events, and much more.
As we start looking ahead to the 2022-23 school year, we’re looking for energetic and dedicated individuals to help fill PTA board positions for:
- Financial Secretary
- VP of Communications
- VP of Fundraising
You may also volunteer the classroom:
- Check with your student’s teacher if they need help stuffing Wednesday folders.
- Check with your student’s teacher if they need any help in the classroom.
- Be part of the Art Docent program. Contact Alyse Breece to see if help is needed in your student’s classroom teaching art classes (no prior knowledge of art required)
In the school:
- Volunteer to guard the crosswalk in the morning or at pick up time: Position requires, in addition to exquisite punctuality and dependability, standing at the crosswalk by McKinley’s main entrance and aiding students in crossing safely; 30-minute commitment per shift (email to ask for details).
- Volunteer to facilitate the maker space one morning a week (11:45-1pm): Position requires setting up the maker space and helping students get supplies to build their creations. No previous knowledge required (fill out this form makers space volunteers).
- Volunteer to run the Safe Routes to School welcome table one morning a month (position requires setting up a table and welcoming students in the morning) (email )
In the PTA:
- Help organize the Spring Auction Fundraiser (contact Emily Oh at for details).
- Get involved in McKinley’s TIDE committee: contact Bailey Malone to get more information
- Enter the Family Engagement Team database of potential Spanish Translators for future events.
- Help be part of the Winter Festival Team. Please email Ani Larson (chair) at
Let us know your interests and we will contact you when help is needed by filling out this form