Don’t miss out on the many fun After School Enrichment (ASE) classes available for Fall Session.
View the class descriptions, learn more and submit your application here. Paper forms are available at the front office.
• This Friday, September 2nd: Deadline for enrollment application-online or paper
• Wednesday, September 7th: Placement emails sent confirming your student’s enrollment.
• September 12th: Classes start this week and run through the week of October 17th (6-week session).
Intercultural Cafe: This Friday 9/2! Come for the coffee, stay for the community.
Not able to make it to the last PTA meeting? Want to make some new connections across our McKinley community? Just love coffee?
Join the McKinley PTA Family Engagement Team at our first monthly Intercultural Cafe! Friday, September 2nd, after drop-off in the morning, under the overhang outside the front office. Pick up the PTA meeting minutes (in English or Spanish) and get to know new people. See you there!
Help us connect our McKinley community with our new school directory!
We are putting together a private directory to help all our families connect with other families for birthday parties, carpooling, playdates, questions about activities.
This directory will also allow your class parent to send out email messages from time to time to your entire class about important announcements. You’ll have the option to only share your contact information with your class parent and not in the full directory.
Fill out the form once per family here: bit.ly/MustangDir
PTA is looking for volunteers!
The PTA has planned many initiatives throughout the school year, and we can’t do our work without our wonderful volunteers. We are especially looking for volunteers to fill the following roles:
PTA Financial Secretary
Assists the PTA Treasurer, Joe Stern, with day-to-day bookkeeping. Pays bills and processes reimbursements.
After School Enrichment coordinator
Works with vendors and teachers to schedule after school enrichment classes (martial arts, baking, chess, etc.) and coordinates enrollment.
Join the PTA today!
Membership is offered at a cost of $10 per person. No one turned away due to lack of funds! Sponsored (free!) memberships are available online and on the paper form, too.
Support the McKinley PTA when making your regular purchases at no additional cost to you
1. Shop at Petaluma Market or Oliver’s Markets: these grocers will donate 2.5% of your purchase amount to the McKinley PTA if you have the Store’s Community Card. Learn how to get started
2. Shop on Amazon: Shop through smile.amazon.com and the charity of your choice will receive a portion of your purchase.
3. Scan your grocery receipts with the BoxTops app: Did you know you can now easily collect BoxTops on your phone? Simply scan your receipts with eligible items using the BoxTops app and you are done. No more clipping!
Follow the full instructions here to get started!
- Weds 8/31- Back To School Night:
- PACS and 1st-3rd grades: 5:00 PM – 5:45 PM (classrooms)
- All families: dinner and principal’s message 5:45 PM – 6:30 PM
- 4th-6th grades: 6:30 PM – 7:15 PM (classrooms)
- Fri 9/2 Signup deadline for After School Enrichment (ASE) classes
- Mon 9/5: No School – Labor Day
- Weds 9/21: PTA meeting – 5:30 board, 6:30 general
- Fri 9/30: Intercultural Cafe – 8:30am / after dropoff