Have you created your Jog-a-thon pledge page yet?
Here are some other ways you could raise funds to donate to our fundraiser:
- Has life (or your fruit trees) given you literal lemons? Host a lemonade stand!
- Trying to declutter your home? You could have a yard sale or sell some items on Facebook Marketplace and donate a portion of the proceeds!
- Got extra eggs from your chickens or veggies from your garden? You could give them to your neighbors in exchange for a donation.
We need volunteers to promote Jog-a-thon at drop-off!
The McKinley PTA could use some volunteer help to help generate energy (and donations) for this year’s jog-a-thon.
The event will be held on Friday, October 1, so we’d like some people to help promote the event on campus during drop-off and pick-up during the weeks leading up to the event.
We’ll provide you with signs to walk around near the Gateway at drop-off, near the front office during TK/K pickup, or around the Gateway and then the PACS area during the later pickups — you just bring the energy (along with music, costumes and/or props if you’d like)!
Click here to sign up!
Take one minute to fill out the class email list form!
The PTA is creating email lists for each classroom so that your class parent can send out important messages about events, teacher appreciation, and other class-specific announcements. You only have to fill out the form below once for all your students enrolled at McKinley/PACS.
Thank you so much to those of you who have filled out this form already!
We still need a class parent for Ms. Loughlin and Ms. Cantor. If you’d like more information about the role, please email PTA president Emily Oh at email@example.com
Intercultural Café is this Friday after morning drop-off!
Join us at the main McKinley entrance Friday, September 24th at around 8:30am after morning drop-off.
Enjoy a free cup of coffee, meet new families, discuss the prior week’s PTA meeting and learn how to get involved. Notes from the PTA meeting will be available in English and Spanish.
Thank you for joining us at bingo night!
On behalf of the PTA Family Engagement Committee, we’d like to give big thanks to the 42+ families who contributed to Virtual Bingo Night’s success! Ms. Schlueter and Mrs. Lupe Diaz were a fantastic team, and ensured all participants had fun. Congratulations to our September Bingo winners below! We hope to see you all at the spring Bingo event!
Penelope & Gustavo Faithful
Pablo & Daniel Kim
Connect with Other McKinley/PACS Families and Get Involved
From joining your grade’s Facebook group, to volunteering for initiatives, or signing up for the PTA, there are many ways to get involved.
Earn Donations for McKinley Without Spending Extra $$$
We have several ways for you to earn donations for McKinley/PACS without needing to spend beyond your budget.
- Amazon Smile: If you make purchases through Amazon, make sure to shop through smile.amazon.com and designate McKinley/PACS PTA Petaluma as your charity. Make sure to configure your Amazon App to give to McKinley as well! Full instructions are here.
- BoxTops: Scan your grocery receipts using the BoxTops app. No more clipping and collecting BoxTops! Simply download the BoxTops app on your phone and use it to scan your receipts after you shop. Full instructions are here.
- Dine and Donate: Planning on going out to dinner? Once a month the PTA partners with a local restaurant or business to receive a portion of their sales. See the Dine and Donate section of the PTA website for all upcoming events.