New Chess Class Open for Grades 1-6 on Mondays!
Our spring session is 6 weeks and it runs from April 18th – May 27th. Space is still available in:
- Chess (Mondays, grades 1-6 offered by Novato Chess Room)
- Martial Arts (Thursdays, grades 1-3)
- Origami (Thursdays, grades 4-6)
- Soccer (Mondays, grades 1-3)
Our Spring Fundraiser is on Saturday May 14th! We Still Need Auction Items, Buy-In Parties and Volunteers!
Community Engagement Volunteers Wanted
Are you an extrovert who loves meeting new people? Are you looking for a rewarding way to get involved at McKinley? Would you like to help promote a really fun event to our entire school community? ¿Hablas español? If so, you’d be the perfect fit as our Spring Fundraiser Community Engagement chair.
Our Spring Fundraiser is taking place on Saturday, May 14th at Herzog Hall on the Petaluma Fairgrounds. Herzog Hall is a larger venue than we’ve used in the past and it’s just down the road from McKinley. Our goal is to have a sold out event with attendance from a wide representation of all our families!
As the Spring Fundraiser Community Engagement Chair(s) you will:
- Help us spread the word about the event to all our families in creative ways including at drop off/pick up, Intercultural Café, Lion King performances, and ELAC meetings
- Brainstorm and help secure 1-2 low-cost Buy-in Parties that will appeal to a wide range of families
- Help plan and execute the raffle portion of our fundraiser
Would you like to learn more? Please reach out to Renee McArdle (VP Fundraising) firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 338-7757
Host A Buy-In Party!
A Buy-In Party is a fun event one or multiple families host at a future date to help us raise funds. Tickets are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis to McKinley families. The host families cover all expenses. Here are some ideas for kinds of parties a family could host to get you thinking:
• Tasting party (Wine, bourbon, cheese, coffee, etc.)
• Game board night
• Karaoke night
• Cooking class (prepare your favorite recipes!)
• Guided hike and picnic
• Farm-to-table meal
• Dodgeball/soccer/basketball game
We are also looking for silent auction donations like gift baskets, tickets to professional sports games, vacation rentals, summer camps etc. Contact Erin Schlueter email@example.com with your donations!
Shop and Donate at Rusty Hinges – Order by Monday, April 25th – Pick up on April 27th and 28th
Order a Provisions Bundle box which includes fresh produce, eggs, milk & dairy products, pastured protein and bread selections for a week. 20% of the proceeds will go to McKinley.
Pick up at Rusty Hinges Ranch on April 27th and 28th.
212 Chileno Valley Road, Petaluma CA 94952
Join us for a FREE dinner at the McKinley Block Party on
Thursday, April 28
Mark your calendars to join your fellow McKinley families at school for a FREE Dinner on Thursday April 28th from 5:30pm – 7:30pm at the PTA Sponsored “McKinley Block Party”
Come for dinner, stay for community, leave enlightened!
Recess Playground Volunteers Wanted!
Do you want to help your teacher in a fun and rewarding way?
In a recent survey of McKinley staff, the #1 ask was for more parent support. One of the ways staff identified we could help is by volunteering out on the blacktop during recess and lunch, allowing staff more time to focus on meeting the complex needs of their students.
Just one recess (10:05 – 10:45 am) or lunchtime (11:45 am – 1:00pm) per week (more or less if you’d like), one-month commitment to start. We welcome a longer commitment.
Click here to sign up – grab a friend to join you, or plan to make new friends!
We need people like you on the PTA Board Next School Year!
Our McKinley PTA is run entirely by parent volunteers who are passionate about serving all of our children in the McKinley community. With a budget of over $100,000, we need dedicated volunteers to help us promote, support, advocate, and adopt new programs and maintain our existing programs for our incredible McKinley school!
We need YOU to step up and help us fill our board positions! We are looking for energetic and dedicated individuals to help fill positions for:
- Financial Secretary
“I joined the PTA board because I wanted to feel like a part of my child’s school community. Over this year I have had a fast track to getting to know the amazing school staff, parents, and have had a front row seat on how we can allocate our PTA funds. It has been incredibly rewarding.” -Emily Oh
Want to learn more? Email Emily Oh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Details About the Petaluma Council of PTAs
Hello McKinley Community,
Please find the following Frequently Asked Questions regarding PTA Council.
The McKinley PTA will be voting to participate in the PTA Council in our April meeting. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Emily Oh at email@example.com
Earn donations for McKinley when you shop without additional cost to you!
1. Shop at Petaluma Market or Oliver’s Markets: these grocers will donate 2.5% of your purchase amount to the McKinley PTA if you have the Store’s Community Card. Learn how to get started
2. Shop on Amazon: Shop through smile.amazon.com and the charity of your choice will receive a portion of your purchase.
3. Scan your grocery receipts with the BoxTops app: Did you know you can now easily collect BoxTops on your phone? Simply scan your receipts with eligible items using the BoxTops app and you are done. No more clipping!
Follow the full instructions here to get started!
April 20 – PTA Meeting at the Multi
April 27 & 28 – Shop and Donate at Rusty Hinges
April 28 – School of Excellence Meeting
April 29 – Intercultural Café