In the interest of the health and safety of students and staff, Petaluma City Schools announced that they are planning for all traditional schools to begin on August 12th under the Distance Learning Model. You may read the full update from PCS here.
The PCS District collects information about families through an online platform (Aeries) at the beginning of the school year. This contact information is placed on a contact database that is used by the PCS District and the schools to communicate with families.
If you are not receiving information from the PCS District (e.g. email sent on 4/22/20 regarding contact information updates) or McKinley School (e.g. weekly newsletter sent out every Sunday) or receiving only some of these emails, follow these guidelines below in this order.
1. Check your Spam-Social-Promotions-etc. folders or your filters to make sure they are not there. PCS emails usually get sent from email@example.com and McKinley School emails come from McKinley Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Check your information on the Aeries portal to make sure it is accurate and it is listed in the right place (under student’s contact).
- Log in to Aeries Parent Portal
- Click on Student Info > Contacts
- Verify that you are listed as a Contact
Note that having a contact email under the general profile will not be enough. Each student has a section for contacts for that student and the information in that section is the one that schools use. If you have a Jr. High student and a McKinley student, you must have your contact information properly entered in each student’s contact section in order to receive communications from both schools. Otherwise, you will only receive communications from the school to which the student with proper contact information goes.
3. If you are still having trouble after trying #1 and #2 and not getting the Sunday newsletter/PCS District emails, contact the PCS District to get further assistance General Phone: (707) 778-4813; Aeries Portal: Setup, Updates, etc.: email@example.com
Summer meetups: Unfortunately, McKinley PTA will not be able to have a June summer meetup due to restrictions in place. We want our McKinley families safe and do not want to put anyone at risk.
We will keep a July summer meetup open if restrictions are lifted.
Next school year update: We will send out an email this July regarding all the information that you’ll need to get you up to speed before school starts. Make sure to subscribe to the PTA mailing list
New website and family communication platform: we will have a new website and a new platform to keep in touch with all parents! Keep an eye out this summer to sign up for the new platform.
Want to contact us? Please feel free to reach out to your new PTA president and co-president, Chris Lum & Ashley Fitting at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.